Saturday, August 29, 2015

What's On Your Nightstand (August)


The folks at 5 Minutes For Books host What’s On Your Nightstand? the fourth Tuesday of each month in which we can share about the books we have been reading and/or plan to read.
Newton on the Christian Life by Tony Reinke. 2015. Crossway Books. 288 pages. [Source: Review copy]

I'm loving this one. I am. It is SO GOOD. It might just be the best I've read in this Theologians on the Christian Life series. It has made me want to read MORE. I'm not sure if I'll go with a collection of his letters, or, if I'll go with a collection of sermons inspired by Handel's Messiah.

The Hired Girl. Laura Amy Schlitz. 2015. Candlewick. 400 pages. [Source: Review copy]

I am REALLY enjoying this historical fiction novel. It's set around 1911-ish.

The Mistress of Tall Acre. Laura Frantz.  Revell. 400 pages. [Source: Review copy]

I haven't started this one yet, it just came this past week, but I look forward to new Frantz novels like I look forward to Christmas!!!

Heidi. Johanna Spyri. 1880/2009. Puffin Classics/Penguin.  320 pages. [Source: Bought]

I love, love, love Heidi. I was inspired to pick this up after watching a few episodes of the new Heidi series.

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: