Saturday, May 09, 2015

What I Saw in the Teachers' Lounge (2015)

What I Saw In the Teachers' Lounge. Jerry Pallotta. Illustrated by Howard McWilliam. 2015. [June] 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: I saw the sign on the door at school every day. It wasn't fair. Why couldn't students go in there? Oops--the door was open. I thought I'd take a peek. The first time I looked, I saw my teacher. She was surfing. Another teacher was in full hiking gear. She was climbing a rugged mountain.

Premise/plot: A young boy with a BIG imagination keeps peeking into the teacher's lounge. Each time he peeks, he sees something different, something strange and wonderful all at the same time. He tells everyone, but, few believe him.

My thoughts: It's certainly creative storytelling. Perhaps not as memorable as And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, but, along those same lines. It was a nice read.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: