Sunday, June 09, 2013

Finish Line: 48 Hour Book Challenge

I read from nine books for the 48 Hour Reading Challenge hosted by Ms. Yingling. I completed eight of the nine.

I completed five MG/YA titles: The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen, Al Capone Does My Homework by Gennifer Choldenko, Odessa Again by Dana Reinhardt, The Mouse with the Question Mark Tail by Richard Peck, and The Language Inside by Holly Thompson. If I had to choose a favorite from those five, well, it would be between Al Capone Does My Homework and The Mouse with the Question Mark Tail! I did really enjoy The Moon and More and The Language Inside though!

The adult books I completed were Zoo Station by David Downing, They Found Him Dead by Georgette Heyer, and A Blunt Instrument by Georgette Heyer. Earth Afire by Orson Scott Card and Aaron Johnston was too intense to try to read in a rush. I read a little over 200 pages in it. I think it will be a great book, just not a great book for this challenge!

 While eight may not seem a huge number, I am very pleased with what I was able to get done!

© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Liviania said...

Eight is a perfectly good number! Great job.

Hebrew Keyboard Canada said...

I also think So.Chill out with Book Reading and Enjoy Hebrew Books usa and
Hebrew Books Canada.

Shelley said...

I only read two books, so eights sounds amazing! I loved the first Al Capone book, I didn't realize there was a third one. Yay!