Friday, March 15, 2013

The Little Prince (1943)

The Little Prince. Antoine de Saint-Exupery. 1943/2013. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 112 pages.

The Little Prince is unique and delightfully odd. A pilot crashes in the desert and meets a strange 'little prince.' They have many conversations together over the course of a week. These conversations make up the heart of The Little Prince. It's a quick little read. I am glad I read it.

Favorite quotes:
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.”
“All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”
“But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world.”
Read The Little Prince
  • If you enjoy children's classics
  • If you enjoy beautiful writing
  • If you like quirky, unique stories
  • If you like reading books in translation

© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

JoanneMarie Faust said...

Delightfully odd is the best description I have ever heard regarding this book!