Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week in Review: January 13-19

My second Sunday Salon post of the year focused on Pollyanna! I do plan on reading Pollyanna Grows Up; I think the other sequels may be too hard to find though.

Another children's classic I reviewed this week is Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Racketty Packetty House. (If you love fairies OR dolls, this one is a must!) I plan on reading other Burnett titles this year as well: The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, etc.

I also reviewed a collection of picture books by Margaret Wise Brown: Over the Moon which has Goodnight Moon, Runaway Bunny, and My World.

I reviewed two board books: Five Little Monkeys Jump in the Bath by Eileen Christelow and Steve Light's Trains Go. Both would make fun read alouds.

I reviewed one nonfiction book this week: Jim Murphy's Invincible Microbe

Kizzy Ann Stamps by Jeri Watt is a great MG historical read. I definitely recommend it! It was beautifully written. And for those that hesitate to read books with dogs on the cover, there is nothing to worry about.

Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt was a very enjoyable YA romance. It releases in March.

The Masqueraders by Georgette Heyer left me giddy! I absolutely LOVED this one.

I reviewed A.W. Tozer's Preparing for Jesus' Return this week at Operation Actually Read Bible. I just loved this one! It would make a great introduction to A.W. Tozer!

© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: