Sunday, September 02, 2012

The Sunday Salon: Watching Aristocats (1970)

Aristocats is one of my favorite animated films! It is charming and delightful. I love the characters. I love the story. I love the songs and the score. I love it all.

Which cat is your favorite? O'Malley? Duchess? Berlioz? Toulouse? Marie? Or perhaps one of the jazz cats? I love them all, but I especially love the kittens.

I definitely love Roquefort the mouse!!! I recognized his voice immediately! He's voiced by Sterling Holloway who voiced Winnie the Pooh?! And he wasn't the only voice I recognized! So many talented voices in this one!!! The dogs Napoleon and Lafayette were great fun in this film!!! They were voiced by Pat Buttram and George Lindsey. (Lindsey voiced Trigger in Robin Hood; Buttram voiced the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood). O'Malley is voiced by Phil Harris who was Baloo in The Jungle Book and Little John in Robin Hood. Duchess is voiced by Eva Gabor. I also liked the geese in the film, Abigail and Amelia!!!

Do you have a favorite scene or a favorite song?

© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Alu said...

I love Disney movies and i love cats XD So its a perfect match for me ^^
I love it when the mouse eats the cookie. That cookie looks so good! And it's an animated cookie XD

Heidenkind said...

I had no idea this movie was from the '70s. I guess some movies are timeless.