Monday, July 25, 2011

Bookish Images Monday (Pierre-Auguste Renoir)

I've got two images for you this week. Both found using wikimedia commons. The picture on the left is "Gabrielle lisant" (1906). The picture on the right is "Liseuse à la Vénus (Gabrielle avec une sculpture)" (1913-1915).

A few of you may remember my old, old header--the mosaic of different women reading. If I'd found these images a few years ago, I would have LOVED to have them on the blog. I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors!


Bookish Images Monday is hosted by Cindy's Book Club.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Cindy Swanson said...

I LOVE the pictures, Becky! Thanks so much for participating!

Incidentally, there's a blog on Tumblr titled "Women Reading" that is nothing but depictions of women reading.

Cindy @ Cindy's Book Club