Saturday, December 05, 2009

Updates on the Readathon & Party

Today I'll be reading for Jennie's blog party. She asks her readers to spend five hours reading something just for the fun of it. Reading for pure pleasure. How could I resist a party like that?!
I'll also be reading for Dreadlock Girl's 24 Hour Readathon.

So far I've read This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer. And while it wasn't particularly fun reading--bleakity bleak isn't great for a lot of laughs--it was fun to get the chance to read an ARC of this one! (Though I must admit it was funny--for me at least--to hear Miranda complain on and on about reading Romeo and Juliet! I love-to-hate that Shakespeare play. Because Romeo always stood out to me as so very stupid.)

I've now read Highway Cats by Janet Taylor Lisle. At least it was *short*. The reason I picked this one up is that I'm so very behind in my TBR 2009 challenge.

Guardian by Julius Lester. If I could, I'd make Julius Lester required reading. Maybe not this specific book. But something by Lester. Have you read any Lester? Day of Tears? To Be A Slave?

Antsy Does Time
by Neal Shusterman. Oh how I loved this one!!! It was just what I needed.

Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle. I think I'm getting too tired. This one just didn't work for me like I wanted it to. I wanted to really, really love it. And instead I found it uneven. The more I read, the less patient I became.

Note: Even though my review of The Way We Live Now went up today in the middle of the readathon, you should know that it has nothing to do with the readathon. I wouldn't dream of tackling a chunkster like that for something like this! It was just a prescheduled post.

I'll be updating this post throughout the day, so keep coming back if you're curious as to what I'm doing!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Thanks for coming to my birthday party!

I didn't know that This World We Live In existed! I'm excited to see it when it comes out.

I agree with you on Lester, but I need to block an evening off to read him. By this point I've learned that at the end of one of his books, I'll just have to curl up and stare at the wall for awhile. Always a gut punch.