Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians (MG)


Krosoczka, Jarret J. 2009. Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians. Random House.

This is the second graphic novel in the series Lunch Lady by Jarret J. Krosoczka. (The first being Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute.) While I liked the first one, I really liked the second one. Could it be that the league of librarians won me over? Hector, Terrence, and Dee have noticed that the school librarians are acting weird. And they're not the only ones to notice this change--Lunch Lady and her sidekick Betty (a fellow lunch lady) have noticed as well. Could this change have something to do with the big countdown to the release of a new video game system? (The X-Station 5000) Or is it just the stress of setting up and managing the book fair? What has got these librarians so cranky? What are they planning? And can Lunch Lady do anything about it?

As I said, I really enjoyed this one. It was fun. It was clever. And I really really liked the 'weapons' these librarians used to carry out their 'evil' plan.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for the recommendation on this one - I loved it, my kids loved it, and the kids I've given it to at my library love it. :-)

margaret said...

I loved this one too!! It must be the league of librarians and their tools that are winning people over :)