Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Salon: Reading, Read, To Read #15


Happy Sunday! Happy Easter! First things first, don't miss the sign ups for Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon. April 18th is the day. Just had to get that out there. Again. I don't have my list made yet of titles I want to read. But it will come together soon. And when it does, most likely, I'll share it with you.

In other news, if you enjoy reading YA literature, you might just want to join Renay's Nerds Heart YA google group. We're looking for nominations of overlooked book titles in 2008. And we're looking for judges. The details are still being worked out. But it should be fun.

I did start a new reading challenge...there isn't much interest so far...I don't know if this is because my readers are feeling overwhelmed by hostedness, don't like sci-fi, or if it's just a lack of advertising. It's the Final Frontier Reading Challenge. That being said I do appreciate the four people who have signed up!!! And if the group stays small, so be it, it will still be worth having.

What I read in a previous week, but reviewed this week:

This Is What I Want To Tell You by Heather Duffy Stone. 2009. 233. Flux.
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. 2008. Simon & Schuster. 453 pages.
A Passion Redeemed by Julie Lessman. Revell. 477 pages. (Adult/Christian)

What I read this past week and reviewed:

The Reformed Vampire Support Group. Catherine Jinks. 2009. Harcourt. 362 pages.
The Zombie Queen of Newbury High by Amanda Ashby. 2009. 199 pages. Penguin.

What I read this past week and haven't reviewed yet:

Someone Like You. Sarah Dessen. 1998. Penguin. 281.
Jumped. Rita Williams-Garcia. 2009. HarperCollins. 168.
Jessica's Guide to Dating On the Dark Side. Beth Fantaskey. 2009. Harcourt. 354 pages.
Dork Diaries: Tales From a Not-So Fabulous Life. Rachel Renee Russell. Aladdin. 276 pages.
City of Glass. Cassandra Clare. 2009. Simon & Schuster. 541 pages.

What I've read and really really need to review:

See above. As long as I can get to those this week, there shouldn't be a problem!

What I'm currently reading:

The Bone Doll's Twin. Lynn Flewelling. 2001. 58/524
No Woman So Fair by Gilbert Morris. 2003. 84/351
Emil and Karl by Yankev Glatshteyn. 2006 (translation) 43/194
King's Fool: A Notorious King, His Six Wives, and the One Man Who Knew Their Secrets. Margaret Campbell Barnes. 1959/2009. 142/290.

What I'm just fooling around that I'm reading:

The Secret Holocaust Diaries. Nonna Bannister. 2009. 120/299

What I've abandoned:

The Kingmaking by Helen Hollick. Sourcebooks. 2009. (Temporarily. May come back a month or so from now)
Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull. 2009. Shadow Mountain. 535 pages. (temporarily at least)

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

3 comments:

Debi said...

Hey, you better share your book pile for the read-a-thon, Miss Becky! You know how we all love a good book list!

Vasilly said...

Happy Easter! Debi's right, where's the book list? ;)

chrisa511 said...

Yay!!!! You're reading the Bone Doll's Twin!! What do you think so far? I was hooked from the beginning. And it's a good thing you ordered the rest of the series. I can't wait to finish it up!