Saturday, April 18, 2009

Readathon Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now? SLOB. I'm only about fifty pages from finishing it. So I have hopes of beginning a book four during the next hour.

2. How many books have you read so far? I'm on my third book so far. Hopefully, by the end of the hour, I will have completed three books and be in my fourth.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Bones of Faerie.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope. Not at all. I do wish I wasn't sick with allergies. *But* that's no excuse for not finding joy in a book. And being nice and comfy with a book is really all you can ask for when you feel like I do :)

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? No big interruptions at least. I've taken breaks for meals. Had a bath. Taken a few mini-breaks. But no big distractions this go round.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I don't think surprise is the right word. But I like the twittering.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No. It's good just as is.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Not be sick. As if I *could* do anything about that :)

9. Are you getting tired yet? No, not really. I *know* that I won't stay up all night. It would just make me feel worse. And I do need sleep. But in this moment, I'm going good.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I love my Book Buddy :)



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the Twittering, too! I'm a relatively new Twitterer, and never really understood the hashtag thing until now... it's been so much fun following everyone today!

Happy Reading!

Eva said...

I'm not at all connected to the twittering, lol...I'm such a bad young person...these new fangled things just seem like time sucks. ;)

Shelley said...

I'm having allergy issues too, but I'd rather have them reading than doing anything else!
I haven't even attempted to Twitter about the readathon yet! But at least I know what hashtags are now!

Kailana said...

I am twittering because I am commenting. If I was reading it would waste too much time! lol Good luck on starting your fourth book!

Unknown said...

I'm sick with allergies too. Blah! Oh well, I'm comforting myself with books. :) Happy reading.

Lenore Appelhans said...

I'm lucky that I don't have allergies. You're such a trooper!