Friday, April 17, 2009

Library Loot, Week Something In April

My name is Becky. I have a problem. A bigger problem than I knew. Today I went to the library. And most of the library came back home with me. When mom saw the number of books in my bag--and truth be told, I hijacked her library bag too--she said essentially, "What happened???" I told her I didn't know. I said, "I would see a book. Pick it up. And not put it back down again." She then made up the cutest little rhyming song. But for the life of me--even though it's only been an hour--I can't remember it. And the thing is, I wanted to remember it for posterity because it was just so cute and funny. Oh well.

Girl, Hero by Carrie Jones
Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian
Fly On The Wall by E. Lockhart
Gone by Michael Grant
Birth of a Warrior by Michael Ford (second in a series I have the first of)
The Sea of Tolls by Nancy Farmer
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
Envy: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godbersen
Doing It by Melvin Burgess
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
The Queen of Everything by Deb Caletti
Corydon & The Island of Monsters by Tobias Druitt
Cordyon & The Fall of Atlantis by Tobias Druitt
Cordyon & The Siege of Troy by Tobias Druitt
Percy Jackson: The Demi God Files by Rick Riordan

Okay, technically seventeen books isn't the whole library. But in one little earth-friendly bag (I love those by the way!), those seventeen books--some of them quite chunky--were quite a stretch to stuff in! And heavy. Let's not forget that. Even though books are *usually* lighter on the trip home than the trip back, not this time!!! So I brought home seventeen books today. I didn't even *need* one book to be added to my tbr pile.

What have you brought home lately? Got any questions about the books I brought home? Which--if any--do you want me to get to first?

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Alessandra that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

By the way, one of my readers let me know that FeedBlitz wasn't working quite right for her. I'm trying to figure out exactly what the problem is--if it was a one time thing, or if it's a widespread problem. So if YOU have been experiencing trouble with my rss feed or email newsletter, do let me know. I don't know what I'm doing--it would be hard to puzzle it out and fix it on my own--but it's better to know so I can try than to just ignore it!


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

15 comments:

Liyana said...

Carrie Jones is a great writer, so Girl Hero should be amazing. Gossip Girl is okay. Loved Princess Diaries 10.

Great loot!

Kathleen said...

Wow and I thought my one-three a day spam was bad. I'll stop complaining now.

Anyways, I went to library today too. I exercised a little self control but I used to not be able to. I'd come home with 20 or more books as if I could possibly read that many. I'll be posting a list of what I got today or tomorrow.

Terry Doherty said...

My TBR pile was crying because I've been reading library books ... so I'm on a hiatus (sorry JMRL).

Can't wait to see what you think of Gone.

Debi said...

Ummm, Becky...correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you always bring home at least 17 books? ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist. And of course, you know my teasing is only to cover up my sincere jealousy...because unlike me, you won't end up having to return a large percentage of your library books unread.

Becky said...

Debi, yes, sometimes I bring home seventeen. Other weeks twenty-five. But when they're all in one bag, it's harder to deny that you've got too many. When you've got two or three, well, you can *fool* yourself into thinking it's all reasonable.

ReadingTub, I can understand :) And I'm looking forward to Gone.

Callista, I look forward to seeing your list.

Liyana, I had a semi-plan going to the library. Pick up books that I *should* have read already to be well-versed in YA--hence the Gossip Girl, Princess Diaries, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants--but haven't ever read before. These are books that I sort've assumed were too silly for me to like...but we'll see what I think!

Ana S. said...

lol. The good thing about going crazy at the library is that at least it's for free :P And you brought home some great sounding books.

No problems with the feed here!

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing last week! Went to the library to only RETURN a book and came home with 12. Seriously, it's those darn "New Book" displays! I feel if I leave them behind, I'll never see the books again! Absolutely ridiculous on my part!

Well, now you have lots of books for tomorrow!

Shonda said...

Becky-

I was the same way! I only meant to pick up a hold and leave with 15 books. Seriously! How did they jump from the shelves into my bag????

Same Difference is on my night stand. It looks good. The Princess Diaries is a great series; one I think you will enjoy. I've only read the first 2 books in the Gossip Girl series. I keep meaning to return to it.

Jen said...

Great loot! I do this too ^_^

Kailana said...

I always bring home way too many books, so I really can't talk! lol I have way too many out from the library at the moment, it is preventing me from reading my own books!

Anonymous said...

I've started using the hold shelf to curtail this problem, Becky. I request a lot of books, but they trickle onto the hold shelf very slowly, so I only have two or three on the shelf at a time. And, since it's conveniently located only a foot from the door, I'm not wandering through the library, picking up books left and right.

Of course, I still wind up checking out the same number of books in the long run, but at least now when I come home, my mother doesn't ask me what happened.

DesLily said...

i wish i could read 17 books out of my tbr pile ! lol...

well, since I just bought The Sea of Trolls, I'll put my vote for you to read that one first!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on all your finds! :) Your an avid reader, eh? That's awesome! I love YA fiction, and the truth is, I just became a YA fantasy-fiction author! :) Hope you find some great reads!

God bless,
Taylor J. Beisler
www.taylorbeisler.com
http://www.eloquentbooks.com/ArintSaratir-WarriorsLight.html

Alan said...

I rarely bring home 17 books at once, but since I work at the library and I most always bring home several books each day I work, I am almost always near my 50 item check out limit and the stack of books awaiting reading and review often grows formidable.

(and I am convinced that you actually read more than I do)

Eva said...

I always assumed my library had a 50 book limit, but I've recently discovered it has NO LIMIT AT ALL. As you can imagine, this has created a few problems! ;)