Thursday, April 16, 2009

City of Glass


Clare, Cassandra. 2009. City of Glass. Simon & Schuster. 541.

City of Glass is the third in the Mortal Instruments series. (The first being, City of Bones, the second being, City of Ashes.) I honestly don't know how to review this one. Not without spoiling things. I can gush, however. I can tell you how I loved it. Tell you how it was intensely satisfying. How right it felt (for me). But you need to start at the beginning. You need to read the series as a whole. You need to come to know these characters from the very beginning. So I definitely recommend the series. The characters are well developed. Complex. Diverse. Interesting. Evolving. The pacing is suspenseful. Though the books are thick, time flies when you're reading the books. They're just that good. The series as a whole was good. There were some things that were predictable, but not in an oh-no-not-that-again way. It just felt good reading these books. It made reading fun again. I'd love to see this series catch on like the Twilight series has.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

8 comments:

Amy said...

My daughter is crazy for this series. When this last book came out she was in heaven and spent her spring break reading it! After your review I want to read them too!

Kailana said...

I am still waiting for the first book to come in for me at the library! Hopefully soon!

Zibilee said...

I think this series would be perfect for both my teenagers. Going to put these on the list for their summer break.

Becky said...

Amy, you should! They are very fun books.

Kailana, I think you'll enjoy the series. I hope your library gets them soon.

Zibilee, I think that's a good idea :)

Staci said...

I loved the first two and am waiting not so patiently for my library to get this one. Glad to see how much you loved it..can't wait!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Thanks Becky for the review. At the book store I always pick them up and then put them back... I've been hearing wonderful things about the series. Next time I'll be sure to get them, or at least the first book. ;)

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I just finished City of Bones and now I must get my hands on the other two!

Jenny said...

I am waiting to read City of Ashes and then on to this one. this is something I NEVER would have read if it hadn't been for the recommendation of my students. I have learned to open my reading horizons based on how many great books I have discovered through my high school students. Can't wait for school to be out so I can devour these two!