Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Explanation for feed readers

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

I apologize for my loyal readers who happen to read my blog by rss feed. Due to my posts being stolen, I have decided--at least temporarily--to make my feed be 'brief' instead of full. I realize this is inconvenient for you in some ways. Though I don't usually read blogs by feed readers myself, I do sympathize and understand that many people do. But it is also making it inconvenient for content thieves. So please understand my decision. If the site is shut down, if proper action is taken, then I'll be happy to reconsider this at a later date.

Thank you, and please do keep reading!

10 comments:

sally906 said...

I'm a feed reader - but am happy to click and come through to your blog if I need more info after your blog 'teaser' :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a feed reader and it doesn't bother me either!!

Ashley said...

Whatever needs to happen for your blog content not to be stolen Becky!

Anonymous said...

I will always click through when I'm reading. Your content is good and those not familiar will quickly learn how worthwhile the blog is--the REAL blog. Clicking is not a problem! Hang in there. It's a shame you're so good someone wants to steal from you.

Serena said...

No worries...I usually will click through if I want to read a whole post and comment

Joe Cottonwood said...

Frankly, I'm less likely to click through. You'll need a killer headline. That's just human nature. I enjoy your blog, but I know my nature, and the same thing happens with other blogs that I like. Any extra step is a barrier. We're busy. We're impatient.

Anonymous said...

I'm a feed reader...and although it takes a little longer to read a blog's content this way, I COMPLETELY understand why you are doing it. I was so dismayed to see that your content was stolen...it makes me worry about my OWN content! I am so glad someone alerted you to the issue and I hope it gets resolved soon (I imagine by now you've contacted the thief and their blog server to tell them to remove it!??!)Luckily we are part of a supportive community here and hopefully we will all be keeping our eyes open to this type of thing to help each other stamp it out.

Jill said...

Please keep us updated about this issue. We are all pulling for you and hope it is resolved soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, I learn something new every day. I didn't know you could do partial post. Sorry for your trouble. I do read from a RSS reader. I have too many blogs I read not to do so.

Hope the site is shut down soon and things can resume to normal. It's pretty sad something like this has to happen.

Sharyla said...

I read your blog from my dashboard on blogger, so it only shows partial post anyway. I am new to your blog and didn't know your content was stolen but have noticed the disclaimer at the top of your posts lately. I'm so sorry that someone thought to be so unoriginal and steal your stuff. Hopefully this has been resolved.