Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Salon: Reading, Read, To Read #2

What I read in a previous week, but reviewed this week:

Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith (Pub. Jan. 2009) 288. (YA Historical)
Just One Wish by Janette Rallison. (Pub March 2009) 272. (YA Realistic Fiction/YA Romance)
The Farwalker's Quest by Joni Sensel (Pub April 2009) 400 (J/YA Fantasy J/YA Science Fiction (Dystopia)
Whispers Along the Rail by Judith Miller. 2007. 374. (Adult/Christian Fiction/Romance/Historical)
Jonathan Edwards for Armchair Theologians. 2008. 195. (Adult/Christian Nonfiction/Theology/Biography)

What I read this past week and reviewed:

Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott. (Pub March 2009) 224. (YA Romance/YA Realistic Fiction)
How Do I Love You? by Marion Dane Bauer. (Pub Jan 2009) (Board Book/Children's)
Veronica by Jane Claypool Miner. 1986. Sunfire Romance. Scholastic. 220 pages. (YA Romance, YA Historical Fiction)
Questions from Little Hearts by Kathleen Long Bostrom. Illustrated by Elena Kucharik. 2009 (Feb Pub) (288) (Picture Book/Children's/Christian)
The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne. Illustrated by Ernest H. Shepard. 1928. 180. (Children's/Classics/J Fiction/J Fantasy)

What I read this past week but I haven't reviewed yet:

Far From You by Lisa Schroeder. (Pub. Dec 2008) 355. (YA Realistic Fiction/Verse Novel/YA Romance)
Ten Things I Hate About Me by Randa Abdel-Fattah. (Pub Jan 2009) 297. (YA Realistic Fiction/International Fiction)
Keeping the Night Watch by Hope Anita Smith. Illustrations by E.B. Lewis. 2008. 74. (YA Realistic Fiction/Verse Novel/YA Poetry)
An Uncertain Dream by Judith Miller
What Would Emma Do by Eileen Cook. (Dec 2008). 307. (YA Realistic Fiction)

What I'm currently reading

Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
Emma by Jane Austen
Starry Rift: An Original Science Fiction Anthology. Edited by Jonathan Strahan.
Tess of the d'urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

Is anyone--besides me that is--watching Tess on Masterpiece Theatre?



Of course, I know it's going to end horribly, but I'll still *torture* myself viewing the second half tonight.
© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Debi said...

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about Ten Things I Hate About Me...that one's caught my eye. Oh, and in case I didn't tell you, I had to go order Starry Rift after your reviews of the first few stories. You really ought to get a kick-back from Amazon or something for all the business you generate. ;)

CK said...

How the heck do you have time to read all that in one week?!?!?! haha...entirely jealous. And yay! Austen's "Emma!" :D

samantha.1020 said...

Looks like you had a great week of reading! I've never read anything by Austen which is embarrassing to admit :)

Unknown said...

I'm not watching Tess, I started to, but the filming is too "dark" for me. I couldn't pay attention.
I have Emma on my TBR.

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

That's certainly a lot of books to have read! I watched Tess earlier this year on the BBC (here in England) and I loved it!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with your ability to read so much in a week! I have TIVO'd Tess - can't wait to get some time to watch it!

Kristi