Monday, August 27, 2007

Looking Ahead

This week is a very exciting week for me. This Wednesday, Becky's Book Reviews, is celebrating its one year anniversary! I am so happy. (With over five hundred posts and twenty-thousand hits, I just never imagined this was all possible.) I'm also going to be posting reviews of a lot of children's books--picture books--that were childhood favorites. And I'll be paying special attention to back-to-school titles. So expect a LOT of posts this week. And one very big announcement :)

I'm also declaring a state of emergency. I just have WAY too many books I need to get read, so I will be trying to spend even more time reading. If I could read that many hours a day for the 48 Hour Reading challenge, why am I unable to do so every weekend? Anyway, I'm hoping to channel some time and energy so I can get more accomplished. I'd love to read ten or so books this week.

Why this sudden motivation???? I want to prepare for MotherReader's invitation to post about Best Books of 2007 (so far). I'm very excited to start thinking about my list. But in doing so, I realized that so many of the books that others are talking about as being 'the best' are still sitting in my to-read pile. So I'd love to tackle as many as possible in the next week or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!

Unknown said...

Congrats and happy blogiversary! I've been thinking also that I should spend more time reading to try to make a dent in my TBR pile. I'm busy with so many other things that I don't always make enough time for reading, even though I love it. A couple of weeks ago I was at the beach, and it was great to be able to spend so much time reading. Good luck with it.