Sunday, August 19, 2007

Among the Impostors


Haddix, Margaret Peterson. 2001. Among the Impostors.

Among the Impostors is the second in a seven book science fiction series entitled the Shadow Children. Once again our narrator is Luke. After making and losing his first friend, Jen, Luke’s life changes dramatically when Mr. Talbot hands him a ticket out of the shadows. With a fake i.d. Luke (aka Lee Grant) is off to a boarding school for troubled boys--Hendricks School for Boys. But how can a boy who’s never met anyone outside of his immediate family react in the real world meeting teachers, secretaries, nurses, students without rousing suspicion? Can he really blend in like Mr. Talbot told him to? How do you know what’s normal when you’ve never been exposed to anyone else? Life at school isn’t easy, in fact he’s tormented by a class bully or two, but he thinks he’s free from the danger of discovery. But is he really? Just who should he trust with his real identity? Could telling some secrets cost him his life?

7 comments:

Nikki in Niagara said...

I have this series on my upcoming tbr pile. I've only read the first one, ages ago, and loved it! I think I'll re-read it before I continue with the others. Hope the rest are as good!

Anonymous said...

I read the book and im reading the whole series and i love it!!

Anonymous said...

We (students) had to read this book as a class asignment and if he didn't asign it to us a would have put it down because the begging was so boring and i had no idea what is was about because we didn't get to read the first book but the point is in the begging it is a little slow but in the end it is insanly good i love it

Anonymous said...

screw this book

Anonymous said...

screw this book

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the first book, "Among the Hidden".... I read it in 2 days! I cant wait to get my hands on the second!!!! I highly suggest reading these books.... but be sure to read them in order..... or you wont get them!!

Anonymous said...

Have read among the hidden in class and it was amazing so i bought all of the books and am in process of reading them all.