Friday, July 13, 2007

Important Announcement

We have just three days to plan for a very important event: Tell An Author You Care Day is Monday, July 16, 2007. The event/day is planned by Emily of Whimsy Books and Deliciously Clean Reads fame. I plan to do my part and participate on at least two if not all three of my blogs!!!

Why the enthusiasm? I feel every day should be Tell An Author You Care day. Since I've been blogging, one of the greatest life lessons that I've learned is that authors *do care* what their readers think! And they like hearing from fans. (Not everyone I've emailed has written me back, but I'm ecstatic when I do hear back from an author!) Of course not every author has an official home page. And not every author lists their email on the web. But I believe that with enough advanced notice, you can plan on mailing old-fashioned letters to the care of the author's publisher. So start thinking....

No comments: