Friday, April 07, 2017

On the Right Track

On the Right Track (Hamster Holmes) Albin Sadar. Illustrated by Valerio Fabbretti. 2016. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Hamster Holmes held up two pencils.

Premise/plot: A beaver is in distress in this addition to the mystery series starring Hamster Holmes and Dr. Watt. He is an inventor and he fears someone has been messing around in his workshop, looking at his plans, stealing ideas, etc. And the clues do point to at least one intruder, but, the clues don't tell a simple story.

My thoughts: I like this one. It is more of a misunderstanding than a proper mystery, but, I don't expect dead bodies in an early reader! That would be disturbing, not appealing. I really enjoy the illustrations. Overall I've liked all three books so far.

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Cafinated-Reads Molly said...

Sounds super cute! Thanks for sharing.