Tuesday, July 26, 2016

What's On Your Nightstand (July)


The folks at 5 Minutes For Books host What’s On Your Nightstand? the fourth Tuesday of each month in which we can share about the books we have been reading and/or plan to read.

Currently reading:

Johnny Cash: The Life. Robert Hilburn. 2014. Little, Brown. 688 pages. [Source: Library]

Why the sudden interest in Johnny Cash? I have no idea really except perhaps my discovery of "Music on Murder Row," and the question what IS country music? I am finding this a very interesting read.


Testament of Youth. Vera Brittain. 1933/2015. Penguin. 672 pages. [Source: Library]

I've been wanting to read this since watching the movie. It's good, but, the chapters are LONG. 

Golf Without Tears: Stories of Golfers and Lovers. P.G. Wodehouse. 1999. 320 pages. [Source: Library]

I am reading this for the VT Reading Challenge (aka Challies) for the "sports" category. For the record, I don't like golf....but I do love Wodehouse. So it is working for me.

Man in White. Johnny Cash. 1986/2006. WestBow. 194 pages. [Source: Library]

I haven't gotten very far in this one. But it's a fiction novel about the Apostle Paul...and I'm interested in reading it in the weeks ahead.


© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Barbara H. said...

That's clever to read a Wodehouse Golf title for a sports selection! I haven't heard of Testament of Youth but it looks intriguing. Johnny Cash has always been an interesting figure to me.

Anonymous said...

Johnny Cash has intrigued me, but not so certain Incoukd read about him (I tend to not be much for biographies and such).

I've not heard of Testament of Youth, the title alone is interesting. Long chapters are rough on me bc I tend to like to read a chapter at a time, but at least there are chapters - books that do away with chapter headings really do me in.

Kym said...

I'd like to read the Johnny Cash biography - he was a fascinating figure. I didn't realize he'd written the novel about Paul. I just added that to my TBR list!

Lauri said...

Reader's Digest The Most Scenic Drives in America. Trying to get some vacation ideas.