Saturday, April 23, 2016

Today is the Readathon

I will be updating one post for the Readathon instead of having dozens of posts. I may or may not be "good" at keeping this post updated. My approach to the readathon is super-casual. My goal: to read three or four hours, to review books and catch up online for three or four hours. That's it.

Top 5 Childhood Moments with People and Books

1) Mom read a lot of books aloud. Umbrella by Taro Yashima probably being my favorite and best. Though I also loved, loved, loved Little Critter. She also read aloud chapter books like Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, and Little House in the Big Woods.
2) Dad really only ever read aloud an abridged copy of Robinson Crusoe. It was a book he'd read as a child, or had read to him as a child, and it was special to have him reading to me and my sister.
3) My aunt--for many Christmases in a row--gave $5 gift certificates to the bookstore. Back in the day, $5 could either buy one "bigger" paperback or two "smaller" paperback books. Sometimes there was even enough leftover for a new bookmark. I bought a lot of Sunfire romance "name" books (published by Scholastic).
4) In fourth grade, my teacher, Mrs. Watts, read aloud The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.
5) One of my favorite series to read was the Anne series by L.M. Montgomery

Opening Meme1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Texas
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf by Ambelin Kwaymullina
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Doesn't really apply to me! But probably a cup of tea.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I never seem to be at a loss for words until given the prompt, "Tell us a little something about yourself!" Then I freeze up.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I am much more relaxed than I used to be about the readathon--for better or worse. I may read less books overall, but, it isn't as difficult to recover from either.
 


© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Kailana said...

Hope the readathon goes well for you!