Saturday, September 05, 2015

Seuss on Saturday #36

Great Day for Up. Dr. Seuss. Illustrated by Quentin Blake. 1974. Random House. 36 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Up! Up! The sun is getting up. The sun gets up. So UP with you!

Premise/plot: Do you like getting up in the morning? The book is gentle prompting to do just that. "Up" being the prominent word of the entire book. But does the narrator himself end up getting out of bed? Read and see for yourself!

My thoughts: I liked the "twist" ending. I did. Overall, I liked this one fine. I didn't love, love, love it. But it's certainly an entertaining enough read.

Have you read Great Day for UP! Did you like it? love it? hate it? I'd love to know what you thought of it!

If you'd like to join me in reading or rereading Dr. Seuss (chronologically) I'd love to have you join me! The next book I'll be reviewing is Wacky Wednesday!

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: