Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week in Review: January 6-January 12

I had my first Sunday Salon post of the year.  Each Sunday I'll post about a classic. I'm starting by focusing on children's classics. My first post was on Anne of Green Gables. I've got a long list of potential reads mentioned on my children's classics challenge post, but I'm open to recommendations as well.

For young(er) readers, I reviewed Norman Bridwell's Clifford Collection and the Star Wars Phonics set.

Gingersnap by  Patricia Reilly Giff was an interesting read, children's historical novel with a World War II setting.

The historical romances I reviewed: Brentwood by Grace Livingston Hill, Powder and Patch by Georgette Heyer, Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke, and Spring for Susannah by Catherine Richmond.

I also reread Dorothy Sayers' Whose Body?

Christian nonfiction: The Man Christ Jesus by Bruce A. Ware.

© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: