Saturday, September 01, 2012

2012 Challenges: RIP VII


This will be my sixth year, I believe in joining Carl's Readers Imbibing Peril reading event/challenge. It covers: Mystery. Suspense. Thriller. Dark Fantasy. Gothic. Horror. Supernatural. Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above. I'll be joining at peril the first--reading four books.

 What I'll be reading or trying to read:

The Broken Lands by Kate Milford

Rootless by Chris Howard

Unwholly by Neal Shusterman

Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Goblin Secrets by William Alexander

The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne


Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz

What Came From the Stars by Gary D. Schmidt

Origin by Jessica Khoury

Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel

What I'll be recommending...




The Boneshaker by Kate Milford *everyone* NEEDS to read this GREAT book. It is one of the best, best, best books ever!!!

A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gidwitz. Again a book I just loved so very, very much! I've read it at least twice now and it's one that is just a PERFECT, PERFECT fit for this challenge!





© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Moniquereads said...

They all look awesome. The covers are all interesting.

I hope you enjoy and happy reading.

DesLily said...

what? no wilkie collins?? tsk tsk LOL.. great list as always Becky!

chrisa511 said...

Your booklist looks FANTASTIC!!! I started Unwholly last night :D Great read, huh?

Carl V. Anderson said...

So awesome to have you joining in again Becky. How many years is this? 6!?!?! Crazy how quickly time flies.

Your choices look great. I'm madly in love with the covers for Kate Milford's books. Wow. Gonna have to check those out.

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic participation all these years. Hope you get to a lot of books and enjoy them all.