Sunday, August 05, 2012

Sunday Salon: Watching Miss Marple

I recently watched two episodes of Miss Marple: Sleeping Murder and Moving Finger! I really enjoyed both movies, though, I admit to liking Moving Finger more because that happens to be one of my favorite Christie mysteries. 

The Moving Finger is about a not-so-quiet village being plagued with poison pen letters--anonymous accusations sent through the mail. Almost everyone in the village--with one or two exceptions--has received one. Several murders occur before Miss Marple arrives to help solve the case. I love this mystery because of the characters and the added romance.

The Sleeping Murder is another mystery that I've read. But it wasn't memorable to me. I watched this one without remembering any of the clues or who did it! Which was nice, I suppose! It's tricky to know what to do. On the one hand, I like to be surprised when reading the actual mystery, I wouldn't really want to know who did it ahead of time. But I like to be surprised when watching the movie too.

Watch Miss Marple
  • If you're a fan of the books
  • If you enjoy mysteries
  • If you like mysteries set in the past
© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Heidenkind said...

I love Geraldine McEwen as Miss Marple--she's so cute.