Monday, July 02, 2012

Austen in August Event!!!!



So excited to be joining Adam (Roof Beam Reader) for Austen in August!!! Ideally, I will be reading a balanced blend.

Amanda Grange:
  • Pride & Pyramids
  • Edmund Bertram's Diary
  • Captain Wentworth's Diary
  • Dear Mr. Darcy* (I would LOVE it if I could get a review copy of this!)
Nonfiction:
  • All Roads Lead to Austen by Amy Elizabeth Smith
  • Jane's Fame: How Jane Austen Conquered the World by Claire Harman
  • Jane Austen: A Life Revealed by Catherine Reef
Jane Austen
  • Emma
  • Mansfield Park 
  • Persuasion
Other fiction:
  • Jane Vows Vengeance by Michael Thomas Ford
  • Mansfield Park Revisted by Joan Aiken
  • Emma Watson: The Watsons Completed by Joan Aiken
  • Lady Vernon and Her Daughter by Jane Rubino and Caitlen Rubino-Bradway
  • Suspense and Sensibility by Carrie Bebris
  • The Deception at Lyme by Carrie Bebris
  • The Disappearance of Georgiana Darcy by Regina Jeffers
  • Murder at Mansfield Park by Lynn Shepherd
 I'll stop there. The truth is I could probably list fifty or so books that relate in one way or another to Jane Austen or her characters.


© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Roof Beam Reader said...

w00t!

So glad you're joining us! What an ambitious (But fun!) list you ahve there! I'm hoping to get through at least two of Austen's novels (Emma and Sense & Sensibility) but hopefully three - probably Mansfield Park, if I can. I'll be starting my Ph.D. program at the end of August, so I might be getting a bit over-ambitious with this project... but with guest posts and such, I think we should be good. :)

Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

There are so many Austen related books on my TBR. I will have to check out the sign up post and see if I can squeeze it in. Thanks for the heads up.