Saturday, May 07, 2011

One book, two book, three book, four...

I saw this meme over at Dolce Bellezza and thought I'd join in the fun! (I believe it originated at Stuck in a Book.)

The book(s) I'm currently reading: I rarely (if ever) just have one book going. These are the books I'm currently reading: The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens, The Silent Speaker by Rex Stout, Sons by Pearl S. Buck, and Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen.

The last book I finished: The Story of Britain from the Norman Conquest to the European Union by Patrick Dillon.
The next book I want to read: The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
The last book I bought: I bought Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot so I could do a buddy read with Annette.
The last book that was given to me: My Easter Bible this year was a single-column KJV Bible. When I saw that there was a KJV Bible out there that was a black letter, single column, and in a friendly font size, well, I *had* to have it!

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Bellezza said...

The kids in my class are loving The Lightning Thief which I'm just finishing as a read aloud. Apparently this Throne book is taking away all kinds of praise from young readers; it's taking me awhile to get into it, but I do appreciate his knowledge of mythology and how it intrigues the kids.

I'm currently halfway through Northanger Abbey which I thought I'd love. Not so much. More on that later when I post about it.

I enjoyed reading your response to this, Becky.