Thursday, March 17, 2011

Library Loot: Fourth Trip in March

New Loot:

Nightlight: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon (Thanks Kailana!)
Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Adele by Emma Tennant
Suspense and Sensibility, or, First Impressions Revisited by Carrie Bebris (I am SO SO SO excited my library *finally* got this second book in the series).
Matched by Ally Condie
How Italian Food Conquered the World by John F. Mariani
Margaret Mitchell's Gone With The Wind: A Bestseller's Odyssey from Atlanta to Hollywood by Ellen F. Brown and John Wiley Jr.

Leftover Loot:

The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Pebble in the Sky by Isaac Asimov
XVI by Julia Karr
Billie Standish Was Here by Nancy Crocker
Brave New Worlds edited by John Joseph Adams
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.    

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

SunTiger said...

Hurray for you. Looks like a very exciting list!

Misha said...

You've got some great books! I love Jane Eyre.

Happy Reading!

Linda said...

I'm planning on reading Jane Eyre this year. How Italian Food Conquered The world sounds like something I would want to read. Enjoy!

Bellezza said...

Becky, I have no idea how you get so much read. Jane Eyre took me at least a week, let alone all those other treasures! I love how Italian food 'conquered the world', well, for me anyway. :) I've been meaning to read Wide Sargasso Sea for ages, to tick it off my Pulitzer Prize list for one thing.

Tanya said...

I hvae Wide Sargasso Sea on my library loot this week too - hope to get to it soon!

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

Looks like you have some fun Jane Eyre-themed reading ahead of you with not just the original but also the Rhys and Tennant! Enjoy!