Sunday, January 02, 2011

Sunday Salon: Week in Review #1


Happy New Year! Happy Sunday! This past week has been so busy. You might be curious to check out a few of my posts: 52 Book of the Weeks, 12 Book of the Months, My Favorite and Best. At Operation Actually Read Bible: Top Ten Christian Fiction, Top Ten Christian Books for Children and Families, Top Ten Christian Nonfiction. Have you made year-in-review or favorites post yet? Do you have a favorite book of the year? You can share in the comments, if you like!

What I reviewed:
From Becky's Book Reviews: 


Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. Rachel Cohn & David Levithan. 2010. [October 2010] Random House. 272 pages.
My Fair Godmother. Janette Rallison. 2009. Walker. 320 pages.  
The Scorch Trials. James Dashner. 2010. Random House. 368 pages.
Captivate. Carrie Jones. 2010. Bloomsbury. 276 pages.

From Young Readers:


Farm Parade! Thom Wiley. Illustrated by Benji Davies. 2011. [January 2011] Scholastic. 12 pages.
What Am I? Salina Yoon. 2010. Scholastic. 12 pages.
Who am I? Salina Yoon. 2011. [January 2011] Scholastic. 12 pages.

From Operation Actually Read Bible:


The Attributes of God. Arthur W. Pink. [This edition 1975/2000] Family Christian Press. 96 pages.

Looking ahead: 

I'm excited about several of the challenges I've signed up for so in the next week or so, I'll be focusing on mysteries. I plan to read some Agatha Christie and Dorothy Sayers--to start with! If you've got a favorite cozy-mystery author--past or present--feel free to leave a recommendation or two in the comments. If my library has it--and if it sounds like it'll be a good fit for me--I may just read it! I'll also be looking to read some books set during the Civil War for the War Through the Generations challenge. And, of course, working on my two TBR challenge lists!

Would YOU like to help me decide which classic to read first? Framley Parsonage by Anthony Trollope? Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens? The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins? Arabian Nights? 

I also hope to read a few Middle Grade/Young Adult books this month.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: