Friday, September 03, 2010

RIP V


I'm happy to be joining Carl's fifth R.I.P (Readers Imbibing Peril) challenge! Peril the First. Anticipating the announcement this week of the challenge, I have read three books this past week: Jane Eyre, the Graphic Novel; Frankenstein, the Graphic Novel, and Jane Slayre! I'm not quite sure what I'll be reading next. There are hundreds of YA books in my TBR pile that 'fit' this challenge. And there are two HUGE books that fit the challenge as well: Drood by Dan Simmons and The Passage by Justin Cronin. And then there are classics! (I'd love to read some Wilkie Collins!)

Links to reviews can be shared here.

What I've read for the challenge:

1. Paul is Undead. Alan Goldsher.
2. Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
3. Bleak House by Charles Dickens
4. Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
5. The Maze Runner. James Dashner.
6. Jane Eyre, the Graphic Novel;
7. Frankenstein, the Graphic Novel
8. Jane Slayre by Charlotte Bronte and Sherri Browning Erwin.
9. I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
10. A Pleasure to Burn by Ray Bradbury (review coming Tuesday)
11. Frankenstein's Monster. Susan Heyboer O'Keefe. 

Short Stories: Ray Bradbury, Part One; Ray Bradbury, Part Two; Part Three;


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

DesLily said...

one can never say what another will like or not... but I loved Drood! Reading that will certainly put you in the mood to try a Wilke Collins book!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Fantastic to have you in again this year Becky. And kudos to you for already reading books that fit in with the challenge. Look forward to seeing what else you decide to read.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing what you end up choosing. Should be another fun challenge.

Kailana said...

I read a couple books ahead of time in anticipation for this challenge, too. :)