Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010


Fall Into Reading
Callapidder Days
Basics Post; Sign Up Post; Reviews Post
September 22, 2010 - December 20, 2010

I'll try to keep my list reasonable. But it's always so tempting to list anything and everything that I might want to read in the next three months. Some of these are 'required' reads. Some are purely for fun. I hope to read a blend of new and old. I'd love to read a few classics!




Desiree: The Bestselling Story of Napoleon's First Love by Annemarie Selinko. Sourcebooks. October 2010. 608 pages.
Elizabeth, Captive Princess: Two Sisters, One Throne. Margaret Irwin. Sourcebooks. October 2010. 352 pages.
Passionate Brood. Margaret Campbell Barnes. October 2010. Sourcebooks. 368 pages.

I once asked my great-aunt what her favorite book was as a teenager. And she said Desiree. I've wanted to read it ever since. So I hope to read this one in her memory.



Bleak House. Charles Dickens. 1852-1853. 912 pages.



The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. 1868. 544 pages.


Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson. 2010. (October) Simon & Schuster. 304.


Reckless by Cornelia Funke. 2010. Little, Brown. 394 pages.


Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. 2010. Scholastic. 390 pages.


Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld. 2010. Simon & Schuster. 496 pages.


The Dragon's Apprentice by James A. Owen. 2010. Simon & Schuster. 384 pages.


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I love that you're reading your grandmother's favorite book from her youth!

Anonymous said...

That seems like a really interesting mix of books you have going there, Becky! And you've made me curious about the "Desirée" book... is this the Desirée that went on to become the queen of Sweden? L.

Anonymous said...

I've actually not heard of Behemoth - is it related to Westerfeld's other book Leviathan at all?

Great list, Mockingjay is also on mine this fall!

Ronnica said...

I want to read more Wilkie Collins!

And speaking of the other Collins, I love the Hunger Game trilogy!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Great list. I really want to read Desiree too. Enjoy!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Bleak House often turns up on reading challenge lists, and I've never read it...might have to give it a try one of these days. And The Dragon's Apprentice -- never heard of that series, but I think it would go over well in this house.

Enjoy your fall reading!