Friday, June 25, 2010

Audiobook Week: Favorite Audiobooks


Jen of Devourer of Books is hosting Audiobook Week. She has discussion topics for each day this week. And if you link to your posts on audio books, or your reviews of audio books you could win a prize.

My Recommendations:

Cupid by Julius Lester. Narrated by Stephen McKinley Henderson. 5 hours and 36 minutes.

Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Narrated by Allan Corduner. 14 Hours.

The Teacher's Funeral: A Comedy in Three Parts by Richard Peck. Narrated by Dylan Baker. 4 hours and 40 minutes.

Little House in the Big Woods
, Little House On the Prairie, On the Banks of Plum Creek, By The Shores of Silver Lake, The Long Winter, Little Town on the Prairie, These Happy Golden Years. All read by Cherry Jones.

Sylvester by Georgette Heyer. Narrated by Richard Armitage. 4 hours and 51 minutes.

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Narrated by Emily Bauer. 9 hours and 2 minutes.

The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry. Narrated by Arte Johnson. 2 hours and 55 minutes.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Beth F said...

This is going to sound crazy, but I never thought of listening to the Little House books. One of my very favorite childhood series.

JoAnn said...

Another friend recommended The Willoughbys audio, too! It's going on my list...

Kristen @ Daemon's Books said...

Huh, I had no idea the Little House books were on audio. And read by Cherry Jones from 24. Interesting!

Jen - devourer of books said...

I never thought of listening to the Little House books either, but what a great idea since I've been wanting to reread them!

Laura H said...

I listened to The Book Thief and the reader was awesome. Really made the characters come alive.

Laura H said...

I also listened to Life as we knew it. I liked the reader but the character Miranda needed to be slapped a couple of times.