Monday, January 05, 2009

Chunkster Challenge


Chunkster Challenge
Dana
Now - November 15, 2009
Your Choice: Morbookly Obese

I'm committing to the Mor-book-ly Obese option. (A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) The challenge is between now and November 15, 2009.




Books I am strongly considering:

Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
Daniel Deronda by George Eliot
Cecilia by Fanny Burney
The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope

Books I'm timidly but stubbornly considering:

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, translated by Richard Pevear
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, translated by Richard Pevear
Clarissa by Samuel Richardson
Tom Jones by Henry Fielding

I may add different books--I'll have to check the page count on other classics I'm reading this year.

The books I actually read:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

For this level of challenge you must commit to 6 or more chunksters OR three tomes of 750 pages or more. You know you want to.....go on and give in to your cravings.


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I signed up for this one too. And even the same option. I just have to decide which books to actually put on the list.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Becky... Were you planning on staying in the book-a-week (yahoo!) group? 'Cause if you don't say so at the group soon, they'll cut you from the membership ranks in their "cleaning"! Just a heads-up! ;)

MizB

Alessandra said...

I'm always impressed by just HOW MANY books you manage to read. You read extraordinarily fast!

Nise' said...

I signed up for this one too! I tried to get into Tom Jones earlier this fall and just could not!

Anonymous said...

I think "Tom Jones" was the first book I gave up on that I'd started reading (I'm very stubborn). I got about halfway (!) and then decided that I just couldn't stand the "hero" one moment longer... L.