Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Winter Reading Challenge (Inksplasher)


Karlene hosted the Winter Reading Challenge. It went from December 22nd 2007 to March 19th 2008. My favorite book of the bunch? That's a hard decision because so many were rereads. Persuasion and Their Eyes Were Watching God are two (adult) books that top my best-ever list. And for children's books, it doesn't really get much better than Winnie-ther-Pooh. I didn't dislike any of the books particularly, but my least favorite of the bunch was probably Swiss Family Robinson.

I read two Jane Austen books: Persuasion and Northanger Abbey.

I reread Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.

I also reread Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne.

And also reread all the Little House books: Little House in the Big Woods, Little House on the Prairie. On the Banks of Plum Creek. By the Shores of Silver Lake. The Long Winter. Little Town on the Prairie. These Happy Golden Years. First Four Years.

I Will Plant You A Lilac Tree by Laura Hillman

The Cage by Ruth Minsky Sender

Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss

Dead & the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer

White Lilacs by Carolyn Meyer

Year of the Rat by Grace Lin

The Mozart Question by Michael Morpurgo



1 comment:

Karlene said...

Becky,

Thanks so much for participating in the Winter Reading Challenge. I just love your reviews and always put a few of them on my "to read" list.

I'll be doing a Summer Challenge starting June 20th. Hope you'll join me again for that one.

Karlene