Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Reading Thing 2

Spring Reading Thing 2008 March 20-June 19th
Maybe other challenge-holics can sympathize. I'm having the hardest time coming up with a list. There are simply too many books out there. And by 'out there' I mean sitting around in piles at my house. Of course, 'out there' can also be the library. I'm just a girl who can't say no to books. I'm hoping to read 8-10 of these.

Evelina by Fanny Burney
Camilla by Fanny Burney
Cecilia by Fanny Burney
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
New Addition: The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson
A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson
A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson
Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce
The Swan Kingdom by Zoe Marriott
Enchantment by Orson Scott Card
Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
Diary of A Young Girl by Anne Frank
Christy by Catherine Marshall
Julie by Catherine Marshall
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery
Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery
Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery
Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring by Tolkien
LOTR: The Two Towers by Tolkien
LOTR: Return of the King by Tolkien
The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis
Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary
Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary
Ramona the Brave by Beverly Cleary
Ramona and Her Father by Beverly Cleary
Ramona and Her Mother by Beverly Cleary
Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
Ramona Forever by Beverly Cleary
Ramona's World by Beverly Cleary

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am also reading Gone with the Wind this SRT '08! Have fun and looks like a great list!

CeeCee said...

Hi Becky! Just love those Ramonas and Beezus. I know what you mean about there being too many books! Have fun reading.

Anonymous said...

A CURSE DARK AS GOLD is fantastic!
Of course, being a huge Montgomery fan, I was thrilled to see all those Anne books listed, too!
Great list!
~Julie Prince

Deena Peterson said...

Ahhh, another nice, long list:-) I feel in good company:-)

Anonymous said...

I believe I've stumbled upon an avid reader here :)
You've got a great list. Read on!

alisonwonderland said...

There are simply too many books out there.

so true, so true! happy reading!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Great list, Becky, with lots of variety! And I can totally relate to having piles of books everywhere. That's me, too! Thanks for being part of SRT '08!

Anonymous said...

North and South is a beautiful book. LoTR is also wonderful -- for several years I used to read the whole thing once a year, although lately that has fallen off. And of course, the Ramona books, and the Anne series, and the Narnia books... you have put together a really stellar list.

Except: I read Gone with the Wind once and will never do so again. I found Scarlett O'Hara incredibly irritating! I wouldn't recommend that book at all -- but perhaps you will enjoy it. I'd be interested to know what you think!

Nise' said...

Great list. I loved the Ramona books! Happy Reading.

Kodelle said...

I have Curse Dark as Gold on my nightstand. I can't wait to start it.

Jeanette said...

What a list! The Anne books are wonderful! I am reading through the series right now. Gone with the Wind is one of those books that people either love or hate. I loved it.
What are we book lovers to do with so many great books out there calling to us to read them?

Anonymous said...

Your choice is so similar to mine!! I totally adore LOTR and The Chronicles of Narnia. CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien are such oustanding writers, both thought-provoking and profound. I actually just caught the trailers of the latest Narnia movei-Prince Caspian (you can watch it here-http://www.disney.in/narnia). It promises to be awesome by the looks of the trailer, with the killer war sequences, special effects and the background score. I love war and adventure books, but in their cases the movies always turn out to be better because of the visual effects. I'm sure all CS Lewis lovers wont miss the movie for anything. Watch the trailer, it'll enthrall you for sure!!

Asha BG said...

Hey there i have loved all the books in the chronicles of narnia series.
I have seen the lion, the witch and the wardrobe. It's great.
I have been waiting for Prince Caspian since then.
I saw the trailer.
Ben Barnes who plays the lead is just wow!
I thought I'd share it with you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzYukVDqy4
Enjoy!!