Sunday, January 06, 2008

First In A Series Challenge

I'm committed to reading 12 First In A Series Books for the 2008 year. But at this moment I am undecided as to which series those will be. This post will serve as a place holder...until my brain is able to compile a functioning list of titles and alternates. Here's my initial thinking...

1) The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
2) Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
3) Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
4) Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
5) Seventh Son by Orson Scott Card
6) Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
7) Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary
8) Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
9) Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
10) The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
11) The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander
12) Magic or Madness by Justine Larbalestier

Alternates: too many to list! But I'm sure I'll end up reading a mix of the original titles and new titles not on this list.

2 comments:

soleil said...

magic or madness is super good. it will hook you in. be prepared to want to move into the next books immediately. :)

Joy said...

Welcome to the First in a Series, Becky! I'm glad you decided to join us in this madness. :) Your list looks great and I hope you enjoy every one. :)