Saturday, August 04, 2007

Hurry! Hurry!


Bunting, Eve. 2007. Hurry! Hurry! Illustrated by Jeff Mack.

What can cause a barnyard to get all excited and fluttery? Read and see in one of Eve Bunting's newest books, Hurry! Hurry!, released in March 2007. The title page shows a chicken on a mission: With wings outspread and beak wide open...she's squawking: Hurry! Hurry! to all the other animals in the barnyard. There are goats, ducks, cows, sheep, dogs, pigs, etc. all rushing around excited as can be...and all because of a new arrival that's on the way.

I loved the illustrations. I loved how the pictures show the building excitement. I loved the text. The repetition. The flow. But most of all I love the story and the message. It is exciting and joyous to gather around a new life and say "Welcome! Welcome!"

This book came at a very fitting time! I read it on July 31rst, which just happens to be when when my sister and brother-in-law welcomed their nephew into the world.

For more of my impressions on Hurry! Hurry! see Reading With Becky's entry: Hurry! Hurry! I'm Here! I'm Here!

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

How funny!!! I was just going to post on this today too!! I loved it!